Since version 1.2.3, Cartographica has had the ability to export table data in CSV format for import into other programs (such as Numbers, Excel, SPSS, etc). For some uses, the X and Y coordinates of the data are important to export as well. This can be done with just a couple of extra steps from within Cartographica.
- Select the layer that you will be exporting from the Layer Stack
- Choose Tools > Add Coordinates Columns
This will add X and Y columns to your existing columns in the Data Pane
- Choose File > Export Table Data...
A save window will pop up, allowing you to choose where to save the data
A few extra points:
- Coordinate columns are a static snapshot of the coordinates at that point in time, and will not change as you change data on the map or change coordinate systems. If you want a dynamic coordinate column, please check out How do I get coordinate columns to change with my points
- As with all columns, you can change the name of these columns prior to export if they need to be named in a particular fashion for the software you're sending the data to.
- Coordinate columns are created in the current Map coordinate system. If you have different CRS for the Map and the layer, you will want to be conscious of the difference.