To insert a Logo in a Map Layout document, do the following:
- Create a new Map file using File > New Map
- Import your logo as you would a geographic raster by choosing File > Import Raster Data...
- Choose Edit > Georeference Image... command so that you can use Flip Vertical to get the orientation correct and then choose Edit > Georeference Image... again to stop editing
- Save the Map file for future use
- In your Map Layout file, add the Map containing your logo to the Map Layout by dragging the file or using the Insert Map command from the canvas area.
Note: the Map file containing your logo must be open for you to add it to the Map Layout
- This Map (containing only your logo) can be dragged around, resized, and placed anywhere on the page
To insert a Logo directly into a Map document, you have to treat it exactly as you would a Raster Image, meaning it will have to be positioned using the georeference techniques and it will be attached to a particular location on the map.